SERP Hacker support forum - serposcope

Support forum for open-source softwares built by serphacker.com : serposcope the rank checker.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-15 21:06:06

jbbmedia

Importing history data...

The last thing i have to arrange, is to import history data. Before i was using Cuterank, but it's not working anymore, so i want to import all history data from cuterank (the serps). The urls / keywords etc. i already imported.

There are some tables:

RUN
GOOGLE_TARGET_SUMMARY
GOOGLE_RANK_BEST
GOOGLE_RANK
GOOGLE_SERP

In the data i want to import i don't have the SERPs...i only have date|website|keyword|rank. Can i leave:

GOOGLE_SERP
GOOGLE_RANK_BEST
GOOGLE_TARGET_SUMMARY

empty for the history data? Or maybe there is some dependency somewhere else, so there also has to be data there?

#2 2016-12-16 06:32:52

serphacker
Administrator

Re: Importing history data...

it is impossible to import data with serposcope 2.

#3 2016-12-16 09:35:48

jbbmedia

So i can not just fill up the mysql database with some data? Is the data stored on more places? Because otherwise i would think i can just fill up the tables in the mysql database. Then the software will see that data and will load it? Or why i can not add data directly in the database?

I was also planning to do that for the websites / keywords etc. I have a lot of them, so it's a lot easier to put them directly in the database than adding everything by hand (that would cost a lot of time). Or is that also not possible and why?

#4 2016-12-16 09:36:49

serphacker
Administrator

There are bulk import option for keyword

#5 2016-12-16 09:48:34

jbbmedia

But if you have 200 different websites (different subjects, different keywords) then anyway you have to make a group for each website and that's a lot of work. There is no "Bulk import" with the groups. And anyway if there was...for every website i have about 2 keywords, so bulk import for keywords is only nice if you have a lot of keywords for one specific website, but it's not always the case and i think maybe the software forgot about that?

But i already put the groups, searches, websites etcetera in the serposcope mysql structure. The software is not just reading that data and loading it in the serposcope account website? That's usually why people are using a database? Or why it is not possible? (you saving it in 2 databases or the data is stored somewhere else?)

#6 2016-12-16 10:01:21

jbbmedia

I mean...if you make some software then usually you have a place where you store the data and a place where you read the data and output the data. And the database is usually the place where the data actually is (so you can also make directly changes to the database). What you did that it's not like that?

On first sight that really sounds weird and not logic to me? Usually that's the concept of a database and why you're using one.

But maybe you can explain why it's not like that with your software?

#7 2016-12-17 18:00:42

jbbmedia

Meanwhile i checked and tested the software a little bit more, but it looks kind of weird to me. For example...there is a value A and you wanna save it in the database. You're saving that value on 2 different places in the database and sometimes you take the value from place 1 and sometimes you take the value from place 2. It doesn't look logical to me to build a system like that.

Let's say value A is the position in Google of a website/keyword on a certain date. Now somtimes you wanna show some graphs with the data you have. With some graphs you take the rank data (google positions) from the GOOGLE_RANK table. And in some other graphs it looks like you take the data from GOOGLE_SERP BLOB serp column. WHY?

I understand that you are using the serp BLOB to get the google positions of the other websites in the top 100 for example, but why also for your own websites/searches? You already have that data in the GOOGLE_RANK table. I think it would be a better choise to see "the rankings of others in the top 100" seperately and to see that as an extra "layer" on top of the existing own rankings.

Now you see the big disadvantage of that choise. It's not possible to import data and serp history is a pretty important thing!

But i am still thinking of finding a solution to import data. If i could make a "BLOB" for all my history data then probably it is possible to import data, right?
I could just make it as something like this (for every website/keyword/date/ranking):

position 1 http://www.history-data-1.com
position 2 http://www.MYWEBSITE.com
position 3 http://www.history-data-2.com
position 100 http://www.history-data-100.com

In this case the ranking was position 2.

So is something like that possible? The only thing is that i don't have experience with BLOB and i'm making things in php/mysql not java. I tried to read the existing BLOB files in mysql and i also tried to convert them somehow to readable text, but i could not do it. So i don't know of what data the BLOB exactly is made of? Somehow in php/mysql i have to do what i described above.

Maybe you have suggestions and is it possible to import like that?

Board footer