SERP Hacker support forum - serposcope

Support forum for open-source softwares built by serphacker.com : serposcope the rank checker.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-12 21:09:27

jbbmedia

How to use MySQL with serposcope ?

One more other question. I also installed serposcope on Windows 10 (personal computer). Now i want to use an external mysql database in combination with serposcope. So i checked the FAQ:

https://serposcope.serphacker.com/en/doc/faq.html

How to use MySQL with serposcope ?
If you want to use MySQL instead of the embedded database, it is possible. You just need to tell serposcope to use MySQL in serposcope.conf (check advanced configuration: https://serposcope.serphacker.com/en/do … l#advconf), directive example :
serposcope.db.url=jdbc:mysql://HOSTNAME/DATBASE?user=USER&password=PASS&allowMultiQueries=true
Serposcope will automatically create the tables and populate the database.
Backups done from the admin panel are compatible on both H2 and MySQL. You can use these backups to migrate from MySQL to H2 or vice versa.

First i made an external mysql database:

Databse: serposcope_db
Username: serposcope_user
Password: serposcope_pass

I gave the ip address (from my personal computer) access to that database.

Then i went to: C:\ProgramData\serposcope\serposcope.conf
I opened it and add:
serposcope.db.url=jdbc:mysql://ip_of_webserver/serposcope_db?user=serposcope_user&password=serposcope_pass&allowMultiQueries=true

Now i saved it and closed it.

At the end i opened http://localhost:7134/ again, but nothing changed? In the FAQ they are saying: "Serposcope will automatically create the tables and populate the database.".

So i did everything in the FAQ / instructions. What i have to do different or how i can get it working?

#2 2016-12-13 10:25:25

serphacker
Administrator

Re: How to use MySQL with serposcope ?

restart serposcope and it should use mysql.

#3 2016-12-13 13:25:04

jbbmedia

Restart? wink I only had on my desktop an icon to: http://localhost:7134/ (shortcut) And there of course is no restart option. But at the end i found in: "C:\Program Files (x86)\serposcope\bin" -> serposcopew.exe Clicking that (stop -> start) had no effect. So somewhere there is going something wrong, but there are also no error codes or something like that. So what can i do to see what the problem is?

#4 2016-12-15 11:44:17

jbbmedia

In serposcope.conf they are saying:

# To use this file, you must launch serposcope with -Dserposcope.conf=/path/to/this/file parameters
# Do not forgot to restart serposcope service if you edit this file
#
# path where is stored embedded database and data files

Is that also the case on Windows (10) and how i can launch serposcope with -Dserposcope.conf=/path/to/this/file in Windows.

Or something else can be wrong?

#5 2016-12-15 12:52:20

jbbmedia

Just tried everything again.

- I removed serposcope totally from my computer.
- Installed it again.
- Made user account and filled some settings.
- Changed C:\ProgramData\serposcope\serposcope.conf :

serposcope.db.url=ip_of_server:mysql://localhost/serposcope_db2?user=serposcope_user2&password=serposcope_pass2&allowMultiQueries=true
serposcope.db.debug=true

(the ip of my comp has access to the database)

- I opened: C:\Program Files (x86)\serposcope\serposcope-manager
- I stopped the service and started it again.

But now it doesn't wanna start anymore. I checked the mysql database and nothing is in there.
I checked:

C:\ProgramData\serposcope\logs\2016-12-15.log

There i can see there is something wrong:

[2016-12-15 13:39:16,709] [NinjaJetty] INFO  c.SerposcopeConf - serposcope.db.url           : ip_of_server:mysql://localhost/serposcope_db2?user=serposcope_user2&password=serposcope_pass2&allowMultiQueries=true
[2016-12-15 13:39:16,709] [NinjaJetty] INFO  c.SerposcopeConf - serposcope.db.debug         : true
[2016-12-15 13:39:16,709] [NinjaJetty] INFO  c.SerposcopeConf - serposcope.listenAddress    : 0.0.0.0
[2016-12-15 13:39:16,709] [NinjaJetty] INFO  c.SerposcopeConf - serposcope.listenPort       : 7134
[2016-12-15 13:39:17,139] [NinjaJetty] ERROR c.s.s.d.d.DataSourceProvider - Can't establish connection to database
java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for ip_of_server:mysql://localhost/serposcope_db2?user=serposcope_pass2&password=test&allowMultiQueries=true

So they are saying: "No suitable driver found for"

How can i solve that? Or what's the problem?

#6 2016-12-15 12:54:57

serphacker
Administrator

everything is fine but that :

serposcope.db.url=ip_of_server:mysql://localhost/serposcope_db2?user=serposcope_user2&password=serposcope_pass2&allowMultiQueries=true

should be remplaced by :

serposcope.db.url=jdbc:mysql://ip_of_server/serposcope_db2?user=serposcope_user2&password=serposcope_pass2&allowMultiQueries=true

#7 2016-12-15 12:55:49

serphacker
Administrator

or just leave localhost instead of server ip, it should be fine if mysql is on the same server of serposcope

#8 2016-12-15 13:06:00

jbbmedia

Sorry...i was just checking everything once again and i also found out i made a mistake in that line (don't know how i did it, but i did it). It's not on an external server, but that will be fine. I am gonna test it now again.

Board footer