SERP Hacker support forum - serposcope

Support forum for open-source softwares built by serphacker.com : serposcope the rank checker.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-09-10 16:58:23

OldManRiver

RUN ALL Errors

All,

I get the following errors when I click "RUN ALL":

**********************************************************************************
Run successfully done in 00:00:01 (PID: 30496 started: 2014-09-10 11:54:56)
-----
[10/09/2014 11:54:56][Cron] Starting cron via "apache2handler"

Notice: Undefined variable: proxy in /var/www/Projects/SEO/serposcope/inc/class.proxies.php on line 12
[10/09/2014 11:54:56][Cron] DEBUG: display total unit 0
[10/09/2014 11:54:56][Cron] DeathByCaptcha not configured, skipping
[10/09/2014 11:54:56][Cron] Clearing the cache (force=1)...

Warning: opendir(/tmp/serposcope_cache/): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /var/www/Projects/SEO/serposcope/inc/functions.php on line 393
[10/09/2014 11:54:56][Cron] Cache clear
[10/09/2014 11:54:56][Cron] All groups done
[10/09/2014 11:54:56][Cron] Clearing the cache (force=1)...

Warning: opendir(/tmp/serposcope_cache/): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /var/www/Projects/SEO/serposcope/inc/functions.php on line 393
[10/09/2014 11:54:57][Cron] Cache clear
-----
Process terminated, end of log
**********************************************************************************

I do not have a proxy so did not define one.  If I need one where do I find one externally?

Not sure about the dir error.  Did not see anything in "SETUP" or "CONFIGURE" to indicate needing to do something here.  What config file is this set in?

Cheers!

OMR

#2 2014-09-16 13:20:10

daniel

Re: RUN ALL Errors

Hello!
To resolve this problem, all you need to do is give right permission to this folder /tmp/serposcope_cache/.

#3 2014-09-17 11:20:01

serphacker
Administrator

daniel is right, or maybe your /tmp/ is full or it doesn't exists.

#4 2014-09-18 14:40:26

OldManRiver

daniel wrote:

Hello!
To resolve this problem, all you need to do is give right permission to this folder /tmp/serposcope_cache/.

daniel,

Which is?  Sorry but the docs on this product were written by someone that was clueless, so have zero meaning to any readers, as he/she violates the first two cardinal rules of IT:

1. Never never never never never never never never assume anything!

2. Never never never never never never never never be ambiguous!

Assumptions and ambiguity are everywhere in these docs, so totally useless!

Sorry!

OMR

Last edited by OldManRiver (2014-09-18 14:44:35)

#5 2014-09-18 14:46:02

OldManRiver

serphacker wrote:

daniel is right, or maybe your /tmp/ is full or it doesn't exists.

serphacker,

Not on Windows!

Cheers!

OMR

#6 2014-09-19 07:11:43

serphacker
Administrator

OldManRiver wrote:

serphacker,

Not on Windows!

Cheers!

OMR

It's impossible serposcope trying to write on /tmp if you are on Windows. Serposcope use temporary system folder (tmpname() php function) and never use /tmp directly, on windows it will be something like c:windows    emp. You have a problem on your php/apache/OS configuration, nothing related to serposcope.

OldManRiver wrote:

daniel,

Which is?  Sorry but the docs on this product were written by someone that was clueless, so have zero meaning to any readers, as he/she violates the first two cardinal rules of IT:

1. Never never never never never never never never assume anything!

2. Never never never never never never never never be ambiguous!

Assumptions and ambiguity are everywhere in these docs, so totally useless!

Sorry!

OMR

Please quote the concerned lines and feel free to make them better, english isn't doc writer mother language I think (not sure).

#7 2014-09-30 14:34:50

OldManRiver

All,

OK down to this set of errors from "RUN ALL"

Cron is still running (PID: 27916 started: 2014-09-30 09:30:37), press F5 to Refresh the log
-----
[30/09/2014 09:30:37][Cron] Starting cron via "apache2handler"

Notice: Undefined variable: proxy in /var/www/Projects/SEO/serposcope/inc/class.proxies.php on line 12
[30/09/2014 09:30:39][Cron] DEBUG: display total unit 195
-----
Press F5 to Refresh the log

Also sometime get the error "job is already running"

But never a report!

Really want to use/learn this tool, but since buggy/screwed out-of-the-box, no hope of doing that for the foreseeable future!

Would appreciate some help to actually get this to run!

Do I assume, as I have in my documentation notes, that an IP proxy server with address:port is needed.  Not stated in current docs and creation of one is not discussed, only the configuration/usage is discussed.  Must have the HOWTO on creation of IP proxy, before discussing it's config and use.

Cheers!

Last edited by OldManRiver (2014-10-01 13:23:58)

#8 2014-10-01 13:08:43

OldManRiver

All,

Started addressing the documentation issues at:

http://forum.serphacker.com/viewtopic.php?id=19

Cheers!

OMR

#9 2014-10-01 13:24:26

OldManRiver

Can I get some help here?

#10 2014-10-02 13:41:09

serphacker
Administrator

this problem is related to your OS. Really nothing to do with serposcope. Every application using tmpdir() on your system will have the same problem.

#11 2014-10-16 20:40:38

OldManRiver

serphacker wrote:

this problem is related to your OS. Really nothing to do with serposcope. Every application using tmpdir() on your system will have the same problem.

serphacker,

I have no issues at all with tmpdir(), I support 10 PHP frameworks and all those work fine and use tmpdir(), so is not at all the problem you think.

I'm guessing it is related to the IP proxy not being set, as I got this to run once, but will not run again, so guessing all related to that.

Am I right?  Again the docs to not say a proxy is necessary, nor does it say how they work within the system, so not able to properly debug anything here!

Cheers!

OMR

#12 2014-10-17 08:48:30

serphacker
Administrator

OldManRiver wrote:

I have no issues at all with tmpdir(), I support 10 PHP frameworks and all those work fine and use tmpdir(), so is not at all the problem you think.

I'm guessing it is related to the IP proxy not being set, as I got this to run once, but will not run again, so guessing all related to that.

I was talking about the bug you pointed in your first post, not about proxy error message :

OldManRiver wrote:

About the proxy error message :

OldManRiver wrote:

This bug is a minor issue, it's just a warning printed when there is no proxy configured due to a harmless code error. it doesn't prevent the soft to run and doesn't change anything in the proxy handling behavior. It's fixed in the master version you can download on github but like I said, you can Ignore this error, it won't change anything.

OldManRiver wrote:

Am I right?  Again the docs to not say a proxy is necessary, nor does it say how they work within the system, so not able to properly debug anything here!

No it's written :

http://serposcope.serphacker.com/en/doc/proxies.html

If nothing is configured, serposcope will use the default ip of your server. If you configured at least one proxy, serposcope won't use anymore the default ip of your server, unless you add it explicitly as a proxy (iface type).

#13 2014-10-20 16:36:41

OldManRiver

serphacker wrote:

serphacker,

You are obviously a master at IP proxies and their use.  You therefore made assumptions in this write up about them.  This write up assumes you are a Master of all things IP proxies, what they do and how they work.  That is why I said there is not explanation, because if you have no or little knowledge of IP proxies then everything, printed in that link, is a foreign language to the reader.

In documentation all things down to the nth detail have to be explained an instead of assuming knowledge on the part of the reader, one must assume ignorance on the part of the reader.  The advanced reader will skim past the stuff you add for the novice, to what they need to know, but with the full explanation available the novice reader will also be informed. 

Please do not mistake that stance in your documentation, in interaction with the users here, for that stance will insult your more senior and more capable users.  Instead when interacting with the users, ask about their level of experience.  Take me for instance, very senior and certified level 3 PHP programmer but never ever used an IP proxy before so total noob on that.  In other posts, on the PHP and working issues you insulted my programmer capabilities, making me irate with you.  Social skills are truly needed in forum interaction and as my Aunt used to say "Please and Thank You do not cost a cent, but pay great dividends", so also asking to assess capability will also avoid any wrong assumptions.

This is basically what I said in my thread addressing the doc issues, but have no time currently to run the full analysis and fix your docs.  Do hope you both appreciated and implemented the posts I did make on the docs.

Understand I'm being critical constructively, so your system gains more acceptance, because it is both well written and well documented.  On the well written side, that is why I proposed the additional features in my other thread on that subject.

Right now nothing is working from the tool, so need to understand why and get some fixes in place!  What do you need to see for diagnostic purposes to debug this on my system?

Thanks!

OMR

Last edited by OldManRiver (2014-10-20 16:59:57)

Board footer